If you’re a new undergraduate (from September 2016), you can complete the Stellify Award (formerly known as the Manchester Leadership Award).
More than just a record of your achievements, the Stellify Award is our most prestigious extra-curricular accolade. It demonstrates that you know what it means to do more and be more. It’s proof that you’re ready to take on your next challenge and shape your future.
You don't need to sign-up. In order to gain the Stellify Award upon graduation, there are some specific activities that you need to complete throughout your degree:
Ethical Grand Challenges
- Complete all three of the University’s Ethical Grand Challenges (one in each year)
If you completed the Sustainability Challenge in Welcome week than you’ve already taken the first step towards gaining your Stellify Award. You’ll also need to complete the Social Justice Challenge (second year) and Workplace Ethics Challenge (third year).
Make a difference
Complete 40 hours of verified volunteering, undertaken for the benefit of the wider community:
- This can include community facing volunteering supported by either the University or the Students’ Union
- It could include verified volunteering completed as part of the Manchester Leadership Programme.
- It could also include verified volunteering, supported by either the University or the Students’ Union, undertaken for the benefit of international communities
Click here to find volunteering opportunities at Manchester.
Step up and lead
Complete two of the following recognised leadership activities:
- Peer Support role
- Student Rep
- University Halls Residents Association/JCR Committee member
- Students' Union club or society committee member
- Member of Athletic Union Executive or Club Committee Member/Sports Coach or Session Leader.
- Student Wellbeing Champion
Find out what you need to do to make the activity count towards the Stellify Award.
How is it recorded?
You don't need to sign up for the Stellify Award. All of the Stellify activities are recorded on your Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR), alongside your academic accomplishments. Before you graduate you’ll be able to see your record, and share it with potential employers as a verified account of all of your successes as student of The University of Manchester. If you've completed each of the three main activity areas above, you'll be presented with the Stellify Award at graduation.